CALGARY, Alberta (Aug. 1, 2023) — Enverus Intelligence Research (EIR), a subsidiary of Enverus, the most trusted energy-dedicated SaaS platform, has released a report on Western Canadian-focused greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Drawing from Enverus’ ESG Analytics platform, the report utilizes the most recent facility-level data to analyze provincial and operator trends across the upstream and midstream sectors and compares the emissions performance of the top 30 producers from wellhead to gas plant, and the highest methane gas emitters.
“With emissions reduction goals and net zero targets becoming the standard in the industry, there is an even greater need for timely and granular quantitative data to track progress,” said Ivana Petrich, senior associate at EIR.
“Our facility-level data shows that the rate of change has been slow in recent years, with emission intensities across Alberta, Saskatchewan and B.C. remaining relatively flat since 2021. While individual performance varies, we see meaningful opportunities to speed up the pace of greenhouse gas emissions reduction for select Western Canadian oil and gas operators,” said Petrich.
- Average GHG emission intensities in Western Canada have remained relatively flat from January 2021 to April 2023, with Saskatchewan emerging as the only province to record an increase in intensity.
- EIR sees a larger relative inventory of lower-cost abatement opportunities in Saskatchewan, where the proportion of venting and flaring volumes in 2022 exceeded both Alberta and B.C. by a factor of three.
- EIR believes that supplementary provincial emission intensity targets, in addition to tighter absolute targets, would further motivate reductions across upstream and midstream operators.
- Enverus selected for NET Power’s commercial initiative (May 31, 2023)
- Starting the descent to net zero (January 17, 2023)
- The gas is getting greener on the other side (September 7, 2022)
Members of the media should contact Jon Haubert to schedule an interview with one of Enverus’ expert analysts.
Enverus is the most trusted, energy-dedicated SaaS platform, offering real-time access to analytics, insights and benchmark cost and revenue data sourced from our partnerships to 98% of U.S. energy producers, and more than 35,000 suppliers. Our platform, with intelligent connections, drives more efficient production and distribution, capital allocation, renewable energy development, investment and sourcing; and our experienced industry experts support our customers through thought leadership, consulting and technology innovations. We provide intelligence across the energy ecosystem: renewables, oil and gas, financial institutions, and power and utilities, with more than 6,000 customers in 50 countries. Learn more at Enverus.com.
About Enverus Intelligence Research
Enverus Intelligence ® | Research, Inc. (EIR) is a subsidiary of Enverus that publishes energy-sector research focused on the oil, natural gas, power and renewable industries. EIR publishes reports including asset and company valuations, resource assessments, technical evaluations and macro-economic forecasts; and helps make intelligent connections for energy industry participants, service companies and capital providers worldwide. EIR is registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as a foreign investment adviser.
Media Contact: Jon Haubert | 303.396.5996