The information below provides detail on Enverus’s (or ‘we’ as mentioned regularly in this document) online privacy practices. This includes the type of data we collect, how we collect it, and how we use and share this data with others. This policy applies to all Enverus affiliate companies and to all Enverus websites and applications, including mobile and browser apps and software (or ‘apps’ as mentioned regularly in this document).
We have tried to make this document as clear and as easy to understand as possible and have structured it in a Question & Answers format so that you can quickly access the areas of interest to you.
Protecting your personal information is extremely important to Enverus and we will always take very seriously the trust you have put in us with your information. If you have any concerns or questions not answered below, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who regulates Enverus?
- What information do you collect?
- How do you collect it?
- What about children and their personal information?
Using Your Data
- How do you use my personal information?
- What do you do with my cookie information?
- Will you be contacting me via email and can I opt out?
- How long do you keep my data?
- What about customer testimonials?
- How secure is my data?
- Do you protect my data from unauthorized access?
- How can I improve data security from my side?
Sharing Data with Third Parties
- Do you share my information with third parties?
- Do you source data yourself from third parties?
- What about information posted on blogs and other social media?
Information Across Borders
- Where is Enverus’s service hosted?
- What if my personal information is transferred to other countries? Do they have their own privacy regulations?
- Are there international mechanisms?
- How do I change or delete the information you have on me?
- Can I disable my cookies?
Who regulates Enverus?
With respect to personal information received or transferred, Enverus is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. Further details on information collected from outside the United States can be found later in this document
- Drilling Info Holdings, Inc.
- Drilling Info, Inc.
- Drilling Information Limited
- DI Ventures, LLC
- DI Digital, S. de R.L. de C.V.
- Drilling Info LLC
- DI Holdings, LLC
- DII PTE Ltd
- DataGenic Limited
- DataGenic, Inc.
- DataGenic India Pvt. Ltd.
- DataGenic S.L.
- GlobalView Software, Inc.
- GlobalView Europe Ltd.
- GlobalView Asia Pte. Ltd.
- GlobalData, LLC
- HPDI, LLC
- Oil-Law Records Corporation
- Pattern Recognition Technologies Inc.
- Transform Software and Services, Inc.
- 1Derrick Ltd
- 1Derrick, Inc.
- MineralSoft, Inc.
- TransZap Holdings, Inc.
- TransZap, Inc.
- TZ Cortex Amalco
- Cortex Business Solutions USA, LLC
- P360 Management Solutions LLC
- Midland Map Company, L.L.C.
What information do we collect?
Enverus and third parties working on our behalf may collect a variety of personal information, depending on your use of our website and apps. Personal information may include, but is not limited to, name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and other contact information.
In addition, Enverus, third parties working on our behalf, and our partners may collect other information about your use of our apps and website and other websites.
How do we collect it?
Enverus collects information you provide when you express an interest in obtaining additional information about Enverus services, registering for an event or webinar, or downloading any Enverus content.
On our website and apps, Enverus, third parties working on our behalf, and our partners, including social networking sites, may also place, view, and/or use “cookies,” web server logs, web beacons, and other electronic tools to collect information about your use of the Enverus and other websites.
We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our apps and other products. This can include information in or about the content you provide (like metadata), such as the date a file was created. We also collect information about how you use our apps and other products, such as the features you use and the actions you take.
In some of our apps, we create a video recording of some sessions. In parallel with that, a log of app activity is created and uploaded to the server, along with the user id used during the session. Each session is also provided with a rough location (country/district) at the time of use.
Can you disable cookies?
You can delete and disable cookies. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to disable cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. You must do this for each browser you use and on each device. However, please note if you disable cookies or refuse to accept a request to place a cookie, it is possible that some parts of your website experience will not function properly.
What about children and their personal information?
We do not knowingly gather personal information about visitors who are under the age of 13. The Enverus website and all Enverus apps and products are designed to be used only by those over 16. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the service at any time or in any manner.
If we learn that personal information has been collected by us from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the service, then please alert us at email@example.com.
Using Your Data
How do we use your personal information?
Enverus may use your information in a number of ways. This might include:
- To provide access to our products, services, and customer support, and to assist with the technical functioning of our site.
- To enhance your experience with the Enverus website and apps and other parts of the organization through analyzing the usage trends and preferences of our customers.
- To communicate with you and provide information about the web site and Enverus services. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving such promotional communications.
- For business purposes, including creating new data sets based on anonymized and aggregated data. Aggregated information is also used to collect and spot trends in application usage. We may disclose information on an anonymized and aggregated basis to third parties, without restriction. Efforts will be made to assure that individual companies will not be recognizable in these aggregate statistics.
- Collected information is also used by the development and management team to detect, investigate and fix issues that may arise, and maintain our website and apps.
- We also reserve the right to use data where individual people or companies have given explicit permission.
What do we do with your cookie information?
Will we be contacting you via email and can you opt out?
We may use your email address or other information you provide to contact you for administrative purposes, such as customer service, or to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. You have the ability to opt-out and we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How long do we keep your data?
Enverus will retain your personal information only as needed to provide you services and perform sales and marketing operations. We will retain and use your personal information only as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Additional information regarding requesting a change or deletion of your information can be found below.
If you are no longer a Enverus customer and no longer wish to receive our newsletters and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We sometimes use customer testimonials in our materials and on our web site – do these require permission?
How do we protect your data?
Enverus takes data security very seriously and we use industry-standard physical, technical, and administrative procedures. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
Our services use industry-standard Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption. All supplied sensitive and credit card information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway provider’s database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
It’s important to stress, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have any questions about our security protocols, please email us at email@example.com.
How can you improve your data security from side?
When logging into the Enverus website and apps, you should take every precaution to protect your own personal information, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters, numbers and symbols, and make sure you use a secure browser.
Sharing Data with Third Parties
Do we share your information with third parties?
We may share certain information, including your personal information, with third parties for the following reasons:
- To help service providers assist in operating our business.
- To comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, government request, or other legal process.
- To produce relevant documents or information in connection with litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication, government or internal investigations, or other legal or administrative proceedings.
- To protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of Enverus or others.
- To enforce any terms of service or other legal disclosures on or related to this website or apps.
- In connection with a sale or other transfer of all or some of the assets of Enverus and/or in connection with a sale or merger of Enverus or any division of Enverus.
- To provide you with the services or products requested by you, and to perform other activities for business and marketing purposes related to such services and products.
- We may disclose information about our users on an anonymized and aggregated basis to third parties, without restriction. Efforts will be made to assure that individual companies will not be recognizable in these aggregate statistics. We also reserve the right to use data where companies have given explicit permission.
What protections are provided by third parties with whom we share data information?
Enverus uses a limited number of third-party service providers to assist us in providing our services to customers. These third party providers offer customer support to our customers, perform database monitoring and other technical operations, assist with the transmission of data, and provide data storage services.
These third parties may access, process, or store personal data in the course of providing their services. Enverus maintains contracts with these third parties restricting their access, use and disclosure of personal data in compliance with our Privacy Shield obligations, including the onward transfer provisions, and Enverus remains liable if they fail to meet those obligations and we are responsible for the event giving rise to damage.
Do we source data from third parties?
Enverus obtains business contact and company information and other data from third party sources, such as business intelligence providers. The information obtained from these third parties is used to support Enverus’s marketing, sales, and business efforts.
What about information posted on blogs and other social media?
Our website and apps include social media links, such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn buttons. Please be aware that Enverus is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites or third parties. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information.
We also have a dynamic blog which is regularly updated. You should be aware that any information or comments you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blogs, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Across Borders
Where is Enverus’s service hosted?
Enverus’s service is hosted in the United States and the United Kingdom. If you choose to use the service from Canada, the European Union, or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are likely transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing.
What if my personal information is transferred to other countries? Do they have their own privacy policies and regulations?
Are there international mechanisms?
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, we commit to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact us at email@example.com. We commit to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) and comply with the advice given by such authorities with regard to human resources and non-human resources data transferred from the EU and Switzerland. In certain circumstances, the Privacy Shield Framework provides the right to invoke binding arbitration to resolve complaints not resolved by other means, as described in Annex I to the Privacy Shield Principles.
EU individuals and Swiss individuals have rights to access personal data about them, and to limit use and disclosure of their personal data. With our Privacy Shield self-certification, Enverus has committed to respect those rights. Because Enverus personnel have limited ability to access data our customers submit to our services, if you wish to request access, to limit use, or to limit disclosure, please provide the name of the Enverus customer who submitted your data to our services. We will refer your request to that customer, and will support them as needed in responding to your request.
Date of Last Revision: May 29, 2019
How to request changes to or deletion of the information we have about you?
To request access, review, rectification, or deletion of information we have about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following information in all requests: first name, last name, and e-mail address. While Enverus will make reasonable efforts to fulfill your request, we also reserve the right to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such access requests, if allowed or required by applicable laws.
Again, if you have any concerns or questions, please contact us at email@example.com.