As ETRM users move away from their legacy, Excel-based forward curves, they are choosing to collaborate with external partners to give them the flexibility, scalability and compliance options they need. But what questions should you address before you decide to collaborate with a solution provider?
- Will you have access to the data you need?
Ensure your data and curves are housed in a tightly coupled solution. You should be able to incorporate market data and proprietary data that really matters to your business today, and you must be able to make changes as needed in the future.
- Are you working with a partner that has the scale you need?
The choice of a curve building solution is an investment in the future, so you need to ensure that your partner can support you as you grow. (PS. Did we mention that Enverus CurveBuilder serves 15 million curves every single day across 75 countries?)
- How can your curves be audited?
In a market that is changing every minute, your forward curves must keep up. But you also need to make sure that you can track every single change, who made it and why, so that you can ensure that you meet all your compliance standards.
- Will you get the support you need?
Does your partner have global support teams to help your traders and risk managers wherever they are based? Are there sufficient support and development resources to give you the assurances you need?
- Is the tool easy to use, without relying on developers or quants?
It’s important that the interface is easy to use, while still delivering the depth of functionality needed to create the most accurate complex forward curves.
The benefits of outsourcing forward curve and data management to a cloud-based provider are huge, so it is essential that you make the right choice. At Enverus we have the expertise and experience to ensure that we can tick every box. Why not talk to us today and see for yourself?
Latest posts by Enverus (see all)
- Five Questions for ETRM Users Generating Forward Curves - September 13, 2021
- Oil & Gas Markets: Can the Balance Hold? - August 24, 2021
- Vaca Muerta — Nothing Dead About These EURs - August 23, 2021