Media Contact: Jon Haubert | 303.396.5996
Calgary, Alberta (February 16, 2022) — Enverus Intelligence Research, a part of Enverus, the leading global energy data analytics and SaaS technology company, has released a new report covering responsibly sourced natural gas (RSG) aimed at answering questions around the certification process and analyzing the potential market size.
“Roughly 90%, or 18.6 Bcf/d, of estimated 2022 RSG volumes were announced in 2021, highlighting the significant increase in producer interest in the RSG space over the past year. As we move into 2022, we expect to see expanding midstream certification along with more development surrounding the marketing of RSG,” said John Gutentag, associate at Enverus Intelligence Research.
Key takeaways from the report:
- Supply of producer-certified RSG is expected to grow from 8.7 Bcf/d in 2021 to about 20 Bcf/d by the end of 2022 based on announced projects, or about 18% of the North American market.
- We see producers’ RSG commitments principally driven by a desire to demonstrate environmental credibility, not an expectation of higher prices for this gas in the near term.
- MiQ and Equitable Origin co-certify 42% of RSG volumes, driven by large basin-wide partnerships spread across three producers. Project Canary is the most active with a 38% market share across 13 partnerships and an additional seven announced pilot projects.
- CHK, EQT, SWN and CRK lead the pack with the highest estimated RSG volumes across the industry and combined will supply 70% of estimated year-end 2022 volumes. CTRA, TOU, Ascent, CNX and Aethon are the largest predominantly-gas operators with no RSG announcements to date.
Members of the media should contact Jon Haubert to schedule an interview with one of Enverus Intelligence Research’s expert analysts.
Enverus is the leading energy SaaS company delivering highly-technical insights and predictive/prescriptive analytics that empower customers to make decisions that increase profit. Enverus’ innovative technologies drive production and investment strategies, enable best practices for energy and commodity trading and risk management, and reduce costs through automated processes across critical business functions. Enverus is a strategic partner to more than 6,000 customers in 50 countries. Learn more at Enverus.com.
About Enverus Intelligence Research
Enverus Intelligence Research, Inc. is a subsidiary of Enverus and publishes energy-sector research that focuses on the oil and natural gas industries and broader energy topics including publicly traded and privately held oil, gas, midstream and other energy industry companies, basin studies (including characteristics, activity, infrastructure, etc.), commodity pricing forecasts, global macroeconomics and geopolitical matters. Enverus Intelligence Research, Inc. is registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as an investment adviser.
Latest posts by Enverus (see all)
- Enverus Earns 2022 Great Place to Work Certification™ - June 21, 2022
- New Successful Collaboration Between Enverus and Lead Consult-Data - June 17, 2022
- Preparing for Summer Load? Don’t miss our 2022 Summer Outlooks - June 16, 2022