The Piceance Basin is one of North America’s promising oil & gas regions for the exploration and production industry. The basin, located in Western Colorado, contains an abundance of natural gas and oil shale with an estimated 1.525 trillion barrels of in-place oil shale reserves.
With companies like Williams, Bill Barrett Corporation, and Berry Petroleum now actively drilling for natural gas, and bigger players like Marathon and Occidental also developing the basin, Drillinginfo is leading the way in providing quality leasing information to all of our members with an interest in the Piceance.
- Garfield, CO
- Moffat, CO
- Rio Blanco, CO
- Uintah, UT
Interesting facts about the Piceance
- Total lease count for all counties = 6,514
- Total drilling permits filed during 2009 to date = 2,690
- Estimated 1.525 trillion barrels of in-place oil-shale reserves
- The basin is more than 100 miles long and has an average width of over 60 miles
- Encompasses an area of approximately 7,110 square miles
Learn more about Drillinginfo’s unparalleled leasing coverage or call (888) 477-7667 Ext. 1 for more information about adding these new counties to your subscription.