At first glance, many people look at the “First Production Date” field and think, “Great, a place to sort production by an exact date.” I had the same assumption, until I dug a bit deeper and found there were several valuable ways to utilize the field. But, in talking with clients, I’ve found that many aren’t taking full advantage of the feature. As a result, I’d like to take a step back and look at how you can use these fields to get the exact results you’re after.
So, login and follow along as we take a look at 4 ways to search using First Production Date.
- From: If you only enter a date in the “From” field, the system will find all wells with a First Production Date from that time forward. For example, if you enter “2/1/2012”, your results will show all wells that came online after February 1, 2012.
- To: If you only enter a date in the “to” field, the system will find all wells that first had production on or before your date. For example, enter “2/1/20012” to find every well that came online before February 1, 2012.
- Range: Enter a date range to find all production between two dates. For example, if you enter “2/1/2010” in the “From” field and “4/1/2012” in the “to” field, the system will show you every well that came online between February 1, 2010 and April 1, 2012.
- Last Months: This is the fastest and simplest production search option. It allows you to easily enter the previous number of months you would like to search and quickly get results. For example, enter “12” to find all wells that came online 12 months before the date of your search.
That covers everything under First Production Date. In a future post, we’ll get into using Last Production Date. In the meantime, practice makes perfect, so come up with a few dates of your own and see what kind of results they produce.
Now it’s your turn. What’s your favorite way to run a production search? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.
Latest posts by Enverus (see all)
- Guyana-Suriname’s Recent Duds Take Little Shine Off World’s Hottest Offshore Play - February 22, 2021
- EVOLVE CONFERENCE RECAP: DAY THREE - February 18, 2021
- ERCOT Power Grid Outage: What Went Wrong? - February 18, 2021